Light bulb moment: I know exactly what my style is!
- I am not trendy
- I prefer quality over quantity
- I love dresses
- Scarves will always be a staple in my wardrobe
- I no longer care about labels. I do not want to be a walking advertisement for Louis Vuitton or Tory Burch **Does that mean that I do not like Tory Burch or Louis Vuitton any longer? Of course not! However, I will be more inclined to buy a bag without a flashing label that is subtle and timeless. Such as a Prada, Mulberry or a YSL handbag.**
- I prefer to buy solid colored items - especially neutrals (i.e. black, tan, beige, cream, white, etc)
- I like to pair pops of color to my neutral wardrobe (i.e. scarves, large gem earrings, etc)
- For me, cost does not necessarily matter - I was far more creative with my outfits when I had less money
- I love a great t-shirt
- I wear jeans a LOT
- Riding boots are my go-to Fall/Winter shoe
- Variety isn't necessarily the spice of my life....when it comes to clothes (please refer to letter #6)
- I will continue to purchase timeless items that I intend to keep forever - Items that I would likely pass down to my daughters one day
- The size on a tag does not matter - I buy what fits! I will not squeeze myself into a six when a size eight pant fits better
- I can never have too many pearls
I know exactly what my style is. I am a Classic. I tend to lean more toward Audrey Hepburn and Jackie O, than edgier Kate Moss or Victoria Beckham.
Examples of celebrities who know their style is Classic:
I prefer to look back at photographs of myself and not be able to define the decade, based on what I am wearing.
Do you know your style?